You say that you've just received notice from workers comp -- they're denying or discontinuing something -- and you don't know what it is?
You're asking yourself: How can they do this? Don't they know how sore I am? Don't they know I have bills to pay? Do they think they're smarter than my own doctor? Do they think I'm faking or enjoy being this way?
Hello, I'm Mark Wolf, a workers' compensation attorney from St. Paul, MN, and president of Mark W. Wolf, LLC. I've been at this game for a little while, so I know just how difficult it can be to deal with an insurer.
Sometimes the insurance company gets it right. In that case, my job is to tell you why they're right, even if it seems to conflict with your own logic, ... or go against your doctor's advice.
Sometimes they make accidental mistakes, like sending your check to Outer Mongolia instead of to your home on Asbury Lane.
But too often they make intentional mistakes, such as denying your claim before making a careful investigation of the facts.
You don't have to fight workers comp. You can take what they give you and ride off into the sunset.
You can try to fight them by yourself. No one mandates that you hire a lawyer. In fact, the original intent of the Minnesota legislature was to create a system so easy that every injured employee could handle his or her own case
Good luck with that!
Top 5 Reasons to Choose our Law Firm:
1) We'll meet you at our office, or we'll come to you -- we'll meet you at your home, in a restaurant, a coffee shop, a library -- shhh, don't talk too loud, your daughter's hockey game, or your son's basketball tournament, where- ever it's convenient for you.
2) If you live in Greater Minnesota, we'll handle your case by correspondence or we'll consider a road trip.
3) We offer personal attention -- you'll get the lawyer you talked to on the phone or met at your first consult, and not some young associate whom you've never met.
4) We'll tell you if your case has merit, that is, we'll tell you upfront if you're likely to win your case.
5) We don't make any money unless you do. An attorney's fee schedule is governed by law, not the rules of each separate attorney.
Our workers' comp lawyer is a Physical Therapist. He knows how much you hurt, what the best treatments are, and how to communicate with your doctors. And he can recommend other medical providers if you're not happy with the ones you have.
The material presented at this site is general information only. It does not constitute legal advice, nor does it form, or is it intended to form, an attorney-client relationship. The information presented herein does not constitute medical advice and should not be substituted for competent advice from a professional health provider. The information contained herein is based on the applicable laws of Minnesota and may be different than the laws of another state. Any information that you provide on this site is voluntary. No personally identifiable information is rented, traded, sold, or distributed to sources beyond our firm. We cannot guarantee confidentiality as this is not a secure web site. We reserve the right to change the statements and policies herein at any time without prior notice. License to use the photographs herein purchased at Dreamstime.com. For information about photographers, please contact our website.